The traditional Spooky Science Fun Bash for kids is set! The free event at Benedictine College, which brings some fun science displays to area youth, will take place on Friday, Oct. 27, 2023, from 6:00-8:00 p.m. on all floors of Westerman Hall, the science and engineering building on campus. Students and faculty from the Departments of Biology, Chemistry and Biochemistry, Engineering, Mathematics and Computer Science, Physics and Astronomy, Nursing and Psychology are participating in the event. There is plenty of free parking in the large lot south of Westerman Hall. Entrance to parking is off Mound Street.
There will be numerous displays and demonstrations in the hallways, classrooms and labs of Westerman Hall, including things like the Jumping Pumpkins, Ghost Bubbles and much more. The evening also includes face painting, mask making, a skeletons and skulls matching game, beanbag zombies, carnivorous plants and plenty of popcorn, cupcakes and candy. There is no cost to attend but an adult must accompany all minors at all times.
Here are some of the Spooky Science Fun Bash displays and activities that will be available:
- Ghost Bubbles
- Jacob’s Ladder (lightning on a wire)
- Carnivorous Plants (Venus Fly Trap, beanbag toss)
- Live Animals (snakes, turtles)
- Skeletons and Skulls (matching game)
- Preserved Oddities (two-headed snake, two-headed pig)
- Geometry Shuffle
- Face Painting
- Worms in Dirt, Witch’s Brew
- Rubin’s Tube (tunes with a flare)
- Coriolis Ball Toss
- Exploding Gummy Bears
- Games of strategy (who will walk away with the most candy?)